We’re live! We want to thank you for your patience during our upgrade.
New With Upgrade
Member Numbers & Account Numbers
All of your accounts (e.g., multiple memberships, joint accounts, etc.) will be consolidated under your lowest member number. However, each account you have (e.g., savings, checking, loan, etc.) will still have a unique account number and these will not change.
Note: You will receive two November statements (one for the activity before the upgrade and one for the activity after the upgrade).
If you are a joint owner on an account, you will now get your own member number! Please make sure to update your contact info so we can get you your new member number and share other important information.
Online & Mobile Banking
After 11/11/19, you only need one username to see all of your accounts. When you log in after the upgrade, we’ll verify your identity and you will be asked to reset your password. If you currently have multiple usernames, you will use the one associated with the lowest member number.
Stays the Same
- Your member number. However, if you have multiple member numbers, only the lowest will be kept.
- Checking account numbers. Your current checks will still be valid after the upgrade is complete and direct deposits will not be affected.
- HUECU Debit and Credit Card numbers and PINs.
- HUECU’s routing and transit number.
- Bill Pay. Our bill pay system will remain the same and everything will transfer over.
If you were using Bill Pay on multiple memberships prior to the change, these will need to be consolidated.
- All scheduled deposits, transfers and payments that you have set up with any of your accounts.
The time of day that the above activities process may change.
- Your username for Online Banking.
- Student Loan UAS Accounts.
- HUECU Credit Cards will work as normal.
- HUECU ATMs: During the upgrade, ATMs will be available for cash withdrawals only.
- Debit Cards: Temporary daily limits will be in effect. Card transactions, including ATM withdrawals, will post to your account after the upgrade.
- Previously scheduled automatic deposits, withdrawals, transfers and payments will process normally.
- Loan and Mortgage applications will be available and functioning normally.
- Loan Payments: Payments scheduled to happen during the upgrade will be processed on or before Tuesday morning 11/12/19. You will not be able to set up new loan payments or cancel existing payments during this time.
- 24-hour Customer Service numbers for Credit and Debit Cards will be open. You may locate the Customer Service phone numbers on the back of your Credit or Debit Card.
- HUECU branches will be closed.
- Telephone and email support will NOT be available. 24-hour Credit and Debit Card Customer Service will be available throughout the upgrade weekend.
- You will NOT be able to access Online and Mobile Banking during this weekend.
- Online Bill Pay: You will NOT be able to set up or cancel payments during the system upgrade. All existing scheduled bill payments will operate normally and will be processed as planned.
- ATM and Debit Card access will work but there will be temporary daily limits in place. ATM access to account balances, transfers and deposits will not be available during the upgrade. Your balance will not update.
- Telephone Banking (not to be confused with Mobile Banking) will be permanently discontinued.
- Shared Branches: You will not be able to access your account or conduct any transactions at shared branches.
Take These Steps Now:
Verify Your Contact Info
Confirm your address, phone number and email by logging in to Online Banking (click here for the tutorial video) or reviewing your statements. You are also welcome to call us at 617-495-4460 or come in to any branch. Click here to update your contact info.
Mark Your Calendar
The upgrade will take place over Veterans Day weekend (November 8, 2019 through November 11, 2019)
Check Your Inbox
We will keep you up to date on all the important upgrade information. You’ll likely receive either email or standard mail. Emails will come from email@example.com. Check your spam folder if you haven’t seen a message.
Add Account Nicknames by October 25
We recommend that you give your accounts nicknames now (e.g., Main Checking, Rental Checking, Vacation Savings, etc.) to differentiate between them after the upgrade. To create nicknames, log in to Online Banking or contact us. Click here to view the tutorial video.
Check out the rest of this site for FAQs, tutorials and more!
Take These Steps On or Before Friday, Nov. 8:
Please complete these simple steps before 4:00 pm on Friday, November 8 to help minimize any potential inconveniences and/or interruptions to your day-to-day HUECU experience.
Take Note of Your Member Number
If you currently have multiple memberships, your lowest member number will be the one that is kept. All of your accounts will exist under this member number. When you log in to Online Banking, all your accounts will be visible under one place. If you’re not sure of your member number, it is available on your statement. If you can’t find it, give us a call at 617-495-4460 or visit a branch. Click here for the tutorial video to locate your member number in online banking.
Make Deposits By the Following Deadlines
ATMs: On or before 11/07/19.
Mobile: Before 12:00 pm on 11/08/19.
Branch: Before 4:00 pm on 11/08/19.
Make Any Necessary Transfers
You will NOT be able to manually transfer funds during the upgrade. Previously scheduled automatic deposits, withdrawals, transfers and payments will process normally.
Set Travel Notices
If you’re traveling out of state during the holiday weekend, please let us know before 4:00 pm on Friday, 11/08/19.
Visit a Branch if Necessary
Complete any special in-branch transactions you may need before 4:00 pm on Friday, 11/08/19.
Consider Grabbing Extra Cash
Although HUECU Debit Cards will work as normal for purchases and ATM withdrawals, there will be a temporary daily limit. Therefore, you may want to consider grabbing extra cash, and if you’re planning any large purchases, you may want to make them before or after the upgrade. Note: HUECU Credit Cards will not be affected during the upgrade.